- 18 December 2017: In the first half of 2018 the Minkowski Institute will be launching the Minkowski Institute Magazine as one of the main means to pursue three of the Institute's goals:
- To inspire young people to pursue studies and careers in science.
- To provide continual science education for the general public in order that scientific culture becomes an inseparable element of the common culture of every individual.
- To promote science and science education as the best way to advance our civilization.
- To mark the 110th anniversary of Hermann Minkowski's groundbreaking lecture "Space and Time" the main theme of the fifth spacetime conference, organized by the Minkowski Institute, will be specifically on the nature of spacetime:
Fifth International Conference on the Nature and Ontology of Spacetime
- The Minkowski Institute launches a new initiative:
Identifying Foundational Knowledge
- In May 2017, to mark the 110th anniversary of Hermann Minkowski's two lectures on relativity (given in 1907), which presented the novel ideas and the mathematical formalism of the four-dimensional physics of spacetime (summarized in Minkowski's famous lecture Space and Time a year later), the Minkowski Institute initiates a biennial series of meetings bringing together experts (mostly physicists and mathematicians) on the foundations of spacetime physics (and beginners in the field as well):
Hermann Minkowski Meetings on the Foundations of Spacetime Physics
- The Spacetime Conferences resume in 2016 - now organized by the Minkowski Institute: Fourth International Conference on the Nature and Ontology of Spacetime
- At present the research at the Minkowski Institute is on its first and major research project as outlined in section Research and the Institute continues to invite researchers who are interested in working on this project and its implications.