Courses which will be initially offered:
- Exploring the Internal Logic of Fundamental Ideas: Shorter Paths to Scientific Discoveries
- A Quest for Hidden Knowledge in Physics
- Introduction to Spacetime Physics
- Understanding Inertia and Gravitation
- Physical Foundations and Philosophy of Space and Time
- Foundations of Quantum Physics
- From Illusions to Reality: Time, Spacetime and the Nature of Existence
These courses will be given in English, but questions can be asked and papers can be written either in English or French.
An essential part of the teaching philosophy at the Minkowski Institute will be Wheeler's first moral principle since it captures the essence of successful teaching of physics:
1. E.F. Taylor, J.A. Wheeler, Spacetime Physics, 2nd ed. (W.H. Freeman & Company, New York 1992), p. 20
"Never make a calculation until you know the answer. Make an estimate before every calculation, try a simple physical argument (symmetry! invariance! conservation!) before every derivation, guess the answer to every paradox and puzzle. Courage: No one else needs to know what the guess is. Therefore make it quickly, by instinct. A right guess reinforces this instinct. A wrong guess brings the refreshment of surprise. In either case life as a spacetime expert, however long, is more fun!" .