How to get to Albena from Sofia Airport
1. Sofia-Varna-Albena: You can take a flight, bus or train to Varna and then either (i) a bus to Albena or (ii) use the shuttle which we are trying hard to arrange (we hope it will be done).
Buses and trains for Varna can be taken from the Central Bus Station Sofia and the nearby Central Train Station in Sofia.
100 Maria Luiza Boulevard
1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
Phone +359 90 063 099
You can get to the Central Bus Station and the Central Train Station from Sofia Airport by bus 84 and by metro - Line 1 to metrostation Serdika and then taking Line 2 to the metro station at the Central Bus Station and the Central Train Station.
2. Sofia-Albena: In May there are only 4 buses a day leaving for Albena:
2.1. At 10:30 and 22:30 - Bus Company Union Ivkoni (as a final destination type Kavarna).
2.2. At 11:30 and 21:30 - Bus Company Grup / Etap (as a final destination type Kavarna). These two buses should be taken if for some reason you cannot use the buses of Union Ivkoni above; the reason is that the busses of this company use a bus stop that is ~ 1 km from the conference hotel.
How to get to Varna and Albena from Varna Airport
Distance from Varna Airport to Albena - 40-45 km (depending on route). If you rent a car, the entry fee for the guarded resort Albena is 6 BGN (~3 EUR). If you take a taxi, you do not have to pay the entry fee, because the taxi driver knows than the first 30 minutes in Albena are free and they can exit the resort within these 30 minutes.
Taxi from Varna Airport to Albena
There is an airport fee of 2 BGN (~1 EUR)
Unexpectedly, taxi turns out to be the best and most affordable transport from Varna Airport to Albena (and back). Before taking a taxi, probably you should withdraw Bulgarian leva (BGN) from banking machines at the airport by using your debit or credit cards.
Note: It is important that before taking a taxi (belonging to one of the three taxi companies listed below) you tell the driver that you are attending the Minkowski Meeting and ask him/her how much it will cost to Albena - it should be 30-40 BGN, which is 15-20 EUR. If you are asked to pay more, explain that the meeting's organizers received firm assurances from the taxi firms below that the fare would be 30-40 BGN. In the worse case take another taxi.
1. The company Triumf Taxi has a contract with Varna Airport and their cars are always waiting at the airport (look at their site to see how their cars look like). The taxi fare is 30-35 BGN (15-18 EUR).
2. The company Hippo Taxi offers to meet colleagues directly at the airport - the driver will hold a sign "Minkowski Meeting". The taxi fare is ~30 BGN (~15 EUR). If you prefer a taxi driver to wait for you, please email your flight information (number, arrival date and time) to email@example.com and explain that you are attending the Minkowski Meeting and that they made the offer to meet attendees at the airport.
3. The company OK Taxi. The taxi fare is ~37 BGN (~18-19 EUR).
Any questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can withdraw Bulgarian leva (BGN) from banking machines at the airport or anywhere in Bulgaria by using your debit or credit cards.
Current Weather Forecast for Varna:
Click for weather forecast
Welcome to Bulgaria (founded in 681):